The Bornemann SLW is a hermetically sealed twin screw pump for the Chemical and Petrochemical sectors. Using magnetic coupling (MAG-Drive), the SLW pump eliminates the need for mechanical seals and complex seal supply systems. SLW technology will enable customers to handle harmful substances without polluting the environment. The simple and robust design provides amongst the general advantages of positive displacement pumps these benefits:
- With the sealed chamber, critical media with harmful substances are confined in the pump and not released to the environment
- Design allows the two screws to convey the product and transmit the torque
- The single-volute design is compact and requires a small footprint for installation
- The simple and robust design is based on inboard bearings which are lubricated by the pumped product
- Less wear parts design leads to low-maintenance, resulting in high MTBF (mean time between failure) and low life cycle cost
- Efficient and reliable operation at high viscosities
The conveying elements of the SLW series consist of two screws, forming a sealed chamber with the pump casing. The screws not only convey the product, but also transmit the torque. When the screws rotate, the product is conveyed from the suction side to the discharge side along the screw axis. The standard arrangement shows the suction side on axial positioning, and topside discharge outlet.